Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reflections in a drop of water ...

false foxgloveDew drops and rain drops are beautiful. Gazing into a droplet of water shows the world in a different way. The flower in the dewdrop is a bloom of False Foxglove, a host plant of the Buckeye butterfly. The problem is that the drop of water turns the flower and everything reflected in it totally upside down.

false foxglove and buckeye butterfly caterpillar larvaThis flower (and the caterpillar) are right-side up.

buckeye butterfly(Just to show the result of False Foxglove and the caterpillar, this is a Buckeye, our favorite butterfly.)

yellow flower rain dropAs fun as it is to see the upside down world through raindrops, it's wonderful that we aren't fooled by the effect of droplets of water. But then again, sometimes I do exactly that.

Sometimes I see people and events through raindrops, dewdrops, and teardrops. Tears in someone's eyes, mine or someone else's, can skewer a fact.

It's good to know that there is a REAL truth about everything. That no matter how I look at something, how much it is skewered in the looking, the truth is the truth. Reality is reality. Facts can be twisted to portray things that are not true but no matter how far facts are twisted, the twisting cannot change what is true.

I may believe that something is wrong or right or yes or no or ... whatever ... but the real truth isn't dependant upon how I look at it or how I feel about it.

Whether it's what someone believes about me or I believe about someone else. Whether it's about God or the butterfly or the flower, truth IS. My belief or view doesn't change what truth IS.

I am thankful that God knows the truth and what really IS. He is the one that matters. I pray that God will always open my eyes to real facts and close my eyes to anything skewered and portrayed as fact when it is not true.

Galations 6:7
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked"

No comments:

Post a Comment